Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Introduction

Greetings! I am Justin, and this is my true story. Unfortunately, the chapters will appear backward as I am unable to change this to post with the newest additions at the bottom. I'm sharing this story with anyone who wants to read partially because I want to raise awareness about certain issues, and also because several friends have convinced me that I'm fairly good at getting my thoughts written out.

As I said before, this story is true. A few minor things, such as quotes, are from memory and might not be completely accurate, or they may be slightly rephrased for dramatic effect. Unfortunately, there are some parts that may be disturbing to certain readers, and that can't really be helped. The things I have been through over the years could make for a great novel or film, but that's not what I'm looking for right now.

As you read the story, please keep in mind that even as I approach the present day, the story is still without an ending, happy or otherwise. My third and possibly most important reason for sharing this is the hope that people may wish to open their hearts and provide support as I enter another tough chapter in my life. I don't wish to spoil the whole story, but the short and relatively spoiler-free version is this: I am currently awaiting a hip replacement, but am unable to get adequate insurance to cover it and have no way to afford the operation or the rehabilitation and physical therapy that will take up quite a bit of time afterward. I have set up a donation link with PayPal for those who wish to help so that some day I may walk again without pain and possibly start doing things that I haven't been able to attempt in years. I'm not asking for people to unload their life savings, but a little help spread around can go a long way.

I will have the whole story up to the present before I can possibly get the surgery I need. When I reach that point, I will keep everyone updated here and through my MySpace profile. Also, when I do go in for surgery and begin rehabilitation and therapy, I will post daily updates of my progress and share some more true stories that didn't make the final cut for what I'm writing now.

I also want to take the time to thank everyone in advance for reading and hopefully for your support, whether it be kind words or a couple of dollars toward the operation that will get me walking again. What I hope for most of all though is that no one will have to go through what I've endured over the years. You'll see what I mean as I bring the posts over from MySpace. Every post here will also be copied there.

Thanks again to everyone, and I hope you enjoy the "real" me!
Justin

No comments: